The case of Miriyeva, et al. v. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, et al., No. 1:19-cv-03351 is not a class action and is not seeking to become one. Therefore, MAVNIs, other than those listed in the complaint, are not represented by Morgan Lewis in Miriyeva with respect to the naturalization issues raised in that case.
However, there may be information from the Miriyeva case that MAVNIs may find useful.
A summary judgment hearing in Miriyeva will be held on January 10, 2020.
Key documents from the Miriyeva action can be found through these links.
- Miriyeva Docket 1 – November 6, 2019 Complaint for Injunctive and Declaratory Relief
- Miriyeva Docket 2 – November 6, 2019 Plaintiffs’ Motion For a Preliminary Injunction
- Miriyeva Docket 13 – November 13, 2019 Court Order
- Miriyeva Docket 14– November 18, 2019 Plaintiffs’ Statement of Material Facts in Support of Plaintiffs’ Motion For Partial Summary Judgement
- Miriyeva Docket 15 – November 22, 2019 Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss
- Miriyeva Docket 16 – December 4, 2019 Plaintiffs’ Opposition To Defendants’ Motion To Dismiss
- Miriyeva Docket 17 – December 11, 2019 Defendants’ Reply in Support of Motion to Dismiss
This website and the materials provided herein are made available by class counsel to provide publicly available information regarding the Kirwa and Nio class actions. Nothing on this website creates or establishes any attorney client relationships between class counsel and any persons or entities. Your use of the Site is conditioned on your understanding and acknowledgement that (1) the material and information on the Site is not offered as and does not provide legal advice on any matter and should not be used as a substitute for seeking legal advice, and (2) class counsel and site administrators are not and will not be responsible for any errors or omissions on this website or any action or failure to act in reliance upon information on the Site.